circle.ch weblog by Urs Gehrig
31. December 2004MySQL 4.1.8-win; it does not work, at least, not on my machine. Just step back to MySQL 4.0.23-win and it installes perfectly.
26. August 2004OpenOffice and MySQL via ODBC .
15. July 2004
13. May 2004MySQL . It is looks quite promising for small or medium size Website projects. One of its current drawbacks is, that you can not access some of its menus while running it in Mozilla. Apart from that, it is worth having a look at it...
12. May 2004MySQL of version 4.1 and above has a nice new feature in the INSERT syntax . You can build a query statement like:
INSERT INTO table (a,b,c) VALUES (1,2,3)The command is quite self-explaining. It saves you some additional SELECT query magic before an INSERT statement.
14. August 2003MySQL to get all post within a month; real handy:
SELECT * FROM posts WHERE DATE_FORMAT( postdate, '%Y-%m' ) = '2003-07';Yet another query helps to get the posts per month based on a different solution (not using the date formatting):
SELECT substring( postdate, 1, 7 ) AS months, COUNT( ID ) FROM posts GROUP BY months http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Date_and_time_functions.html
03. July 2003MySQL [3,4].
SELECT ID, post_title FROM b2posts WHERE MATCH ( post_title, post_content ) AGAINST ('sqlite');
CREATE TABLE b2posts (An adaption on b2's b2posts table produces reasonable results; not investigated further though.
23. May 2003MySQL . As a goal of co-operation SAP calls the common development of a new open SOURCE data base system for applications of enterprises.
12. May 2003MySQL tables to SQLite on Perlmonks .
14. April 2003
libmysql.c:1329: warning: passing arg 5 of `gethostbyname_r' from incompatible pointer type... I had to edit config.h like this:
/* Solaris define gethostbyname_r with 5 arguments. glibc2 defines
It is mainly a gcc problem, but I found  no other way round; until that:
me:~# apt-get install g++-2.95After probably an hour of compilation it results in this; which is quite positive:
me:/usr/local/src/archives/mysql-4.1.0-alpha# mysql -V
mysql Ver 13.5 Distrib 4.1.0-alpha, for unknown-linux (powerpc)
13. April 2003MySQL 4.1 offers now multiline queries :
/ Connect to server with option CLIENT_MULTI_QUERIES / http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/C_API_multiple_queries.html
/ Now execute multiple queries /
mysql_query(mysql,"DROP TABLE IF EXISTS test_table;\
CREATE TABLE test_table(id INT);\
INSERT INTO test_table VALUES(10);\
UPDATE test_table SET id=20 WHERE id=10;\
SELECT * FROM test_table;\
DROP TABLE test_table";
/ Process all results /
printf("total affected rows: %lld", mysql_affected_rows(mysql));
if ((result= mysql_store_result(mysql))
/* Returned a result set, process it */
01. April 2003http://whump.com ] Since version 3.23.48 MySQL offers the export of a database directly to XML with a single line command .
C:\tmp>mysqldump --xml cmsdemo > filename.xml
26. January 2003
C:\tmp>mysqldump "--where=post_category='1'" -t dbname b2posts > dump.sql.txt
--- dump.sql.txt ---
# MySQL dump 8.16
# Host: localhost Database: dbname
# Server version 3.23.43-max-debug
# Dumping data for table 'b2posts'
# WHERE: post_category='1'
INSERT INTO b2posts VALUES (1,1,'2003-01-22 23:21:38','This is the first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging !','Hello world !',1,0);
Leaving attribute "-t" away, will add the table structure to the dump as well .
08. January 2003MySQL binary installer packages in the .pkg format for a long time has motivated MySQL to use his scripts and offers those packages officially.
"Through a partnership with Liyanage, MySQL is building on the tools and scripts Liyanage developed to offer the MySQL .pkg binaries for Mac OS X on the MySQL Web site."
P.S.: Kind of swiss-made by Liyanage...
Beiträge von Dritten:
Nachfolgende Titel verweisen auf von mir gelesene Weblogs.
Comments:Good question, but...
Hi, thank you very...
Ich weiss mir nich...
ThanQ matthias. Th...
in case you just w...
ich liebe dir, urs...
hi there, sorry i...
Hoi Leo. I haven'...
Do you know the si...
Blog stack:Bill Humphries
Wendy M. Seltzer
Bernhard A.M. Seefeld
Gregor J. Rothfuss
Axel A. Horns
Miguel de Icaza